Monday, July 22, 2013

For the love of pain

Love and I
Walked together miles
Until we hit the daunting road
Only to bid adieu n goodbyes
Not even a single attempt to togetherness
I smiled with concealed grief
A gulf of unknowingness around
As love disappeared into the dark
Lost alone with no companion
While I wept in solitude
I looked around as it chuckled
It was the pain smiling at me
As I let it into my world
The pain cared for me lavishly
Unlike the ruthless love
That had betrayed me
We hung together for long
Clutching onto each other
With no wall of expectation
We were lost into each other entirely
And just when there felt a surety
That I had gathered from the setback
Love tried to invade again
Yet again to pull me apart
I saw the pain looking at me
Wearing the same smile it always did
Not bearing any questions in it's eyes
Letting me choose the side I wanted to be
How could I leave my dear pain
We had learned to grow into each other
Even if I did so
I would be no indifferent than a betrayer
At last I let the love pass by
With a huge sigh of relief
I had found an eternal bliss
In pain I had found my peace.

1 comment: